Publications (with links to papers)
- Clemens, Lauren & Jessica Coon. Deriving verb-initial word order in Mayan.
- Clemens, Lauren. Prosodic noun incorporation: The relationship between prosody and argument structure in Niuean.
- Becker, Michael, Lauren Clemens & Andrew Nevins. Generalization of French and Portuguese Plural Alternations and Initial Syllable Protection. To Appear in Natural Language and Linguistic Theory.
- Clemens, Lauren & Jessica Coon. Prosodic constituency of verb-initial clauses in Ch’ol. To appear in Megan Keough (ed.) Proceedings of the The 21st Workshop on Structure and Constituency in Languages of the Americas.
- Clemens, Lauren & Maria Polinsky. VSO and VOS Word Order, Primarily in Austronesian and Mayan Languages, To appear in Martin Everaert and Henk van Riemsdijk (eds.) The Companion to Syntax, 2nd edition, Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell
- Lesure, Cora & Lauren Clemens. Prosodic Boundary marking in Ch’ol: Acoustic indicators and their applications. To appear in Proceedings of the Conference on Indigenous Languages of Latin America VII
- Clemens, Lauren. ARGUMENT-φ: A Prosodic Account of Pseudo Noun Incorporation. In Brandon Prickett & Christopher Hammerly (eds.) Proceedings of the 46th Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society: 217-226.
- Clemens, Lauren, Jessica Coon, Pedro Mateo Pedro, Adam Morgan, Maria Polinsky, Gabrielle Tandet, & Matt Wagers, Ergativity and the complexity of extraction: A view from Mayan. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory 33: 417-467
- Clemens, Lauren. The prosody of Niuean pseudo noun incorporation: A recursion-based analysis. In Jyoti Iyer & Leland Kusmer (eds.) Proceedings of the 44th Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society: 69-82.
- Polinsky, Maria, Lauren Clemens, Adam Morgan, Ming Xiang & Dustin Heestand. Resumption in English. In Jon Sprouse and Norbert Hornstein (eds.) Experimental Syntax and Island Effects. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Clemens, Lauren. V2 in a V1 language: Kaqchikel SVO. In Michael Kenstowicz (ed.) MIT Working Papers in Linguistics Volume on Kaqchikel Cambridge, MA: MIT Press: 1-23.
Selected Presentations (with links to handouts)
- Clemens, Lauren. The possibilities and limitations of using prosody to diagnose head movement, Workshop on the Status of Head Movement in Linguistic Theory, Stanford University, Department of Linguistics (9/17)
- Clemens, Lauren & Jessica Coon. Deriving Mayan V1: A Fresh Look at Ch’ol, 21st Workshop on Structure and Constituency in Languages of the Americas (WSCLA), Université du Québec à Montréal (4/3)
- Bickmore, Lee & Lauren Clemens. The prosody of Rutooro adnominals, Workshop on the Effects of Constituency on Sentence Phonology, University of Massachusetts, Amherst (7/30)