Publications (with links to papers)
- Clemens, Lauren & Jessica Coon. Deriving verb-initial word order in Mayan.
- Clemens, Lauren. Prosodic noun incorporation: The relationship between prosody and argument structure in Niuean.
- Becker, Michael, Lauren Clemens & Andrew Nevins. Generalization of French and Portuguese Plural Alternations and Initial Syllable Protection. To Appear in Natural Language and Linguistic Theory.
- Clemens, Lauren & Jessica Coon. Prosodic constituency of verb-initial clauses in Ch’ol. To appear in Megan Keough (ed.) Proceedings of the The 21st Workshop on Structure and Constituency in Languages of the Americas.
- Clemens, Lauren & Maria Polinsky. VSO and VOS Word Order, Primarily in Austronesian and Mayan Languages, To appear in Martin Everaert and Henk van Riemsdijk (eds.) The Companion to Syntax, 2nd edition, Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell
- Lesure, Cora & Lauren Clemens. Prosodic Boundary marking in Ch’ol: Acoustic indicators and their applications. To appear in Proceedings of the Conference on Indigenous Languages of Latin America VII
- Clemens, Lauren. ARGUMENT-φ: A Prosodic Account of Pseudo Noun Incorporation. In Brandon Prickett & Christopher Hammerly (eds.) Proceedings of the 46th Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society: 217-226.
- Clemens, Lauren, Jessica Coon, Pedro Mateo Pedro, Adam Morgan, Maria Polinsky, Gabrielle Tandet, & Matt Wagers, Ergativity and the complexity of extraction: A view from Mayan. Natural Language and Linguistic Theory 33: 417-467
- Clemens, Lauren. The prosody of Niuean pseudo noun incorporation: A recursion-based analysis. In Jyoti Iyer & Leland Kusmer (eds.) Proceedings of the 44th Meeting of the North East Linguistic Society: 69-82.
- Polinsky, Maria, Lauren Clemens, Adam Morgan, Ming Xiang & Dustin Heestand. Resumption in English. In Jon Sprouse and Norbert Hornstein (eds.) Experimental Syntax and Island Effects. Cambridge, UK: Cambridge University Press.
- Clemens, Lauren. V2 in a V1 language: Kaqchikel SVO. In Michael Kenstowicz (ed.) MIT Working Papers in Linguistics Volume on Kaqchikel Cambridge, MA: MIT Press: 1-23.
Recent Presentations (with links to handouts)
- Bickmore, Lee & Lauren Clemens. The prosody of Rutooro adnominals, David Pesetsky 60, MIT (2/11)
- Clemens, Lauren, Prosody, pseudo noun incorporation, and V1 syntax: VP-fronting or V0-raising? 91st meeting of the Linguistic Society of America (LSA), Austin, Texas (1/7)
- Clemens, Lauren, Jessica Coon, Carole-Rose Little, and Morelia Vázquez Martínez. Encoding focus in Ch’ol semi-spontaneous speech, Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas (SSILA), Austin, Texas (1/7)
- Broadwell, George Aaron and Lauren Clemens. Inflectional Change in Copala Triqui. Society for the Study of the Indigenous Languages of the Americas (SSILA), Austin, Texas (1/5)